console in my 79

Ricks79bu

Daily Driver
May 19, 2012
Hi everyone I am pretty new to this forum and that I would show my progress. Its slow going and colors are a little mixed up but that will all be fixed once I have everything the way I like it. The center console is out of a dodge neon. The fit is very nice will be better with some slight trimming as right now its just sitting in place. The front seats are out of a saturn vue. They are full power and heated with the side air bags. In the process of getting everything wired up. Never know might get t-boned and those side air bags just might help one day.

Attachments

• console.jpg
    console.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 2,240
  • console3.jpg
    console3.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 2,244
  • consoleno.jpg
    consoleno.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 2,234

Ricks79bu

Daily Driver
May 19, 2012
Hi yes I will be adding a shifter. Not sure if im going to fab up a e-brake handle or just gonna block it off on the back side with some black plexi so its just a small slot with out a hole there. I could see myself dropping alot of things there and lossing them. Shifter should be in shortly and I will update pics once the shifter is in also.

Ricks79bu

Daily Driver
May 19, 2012
Yea that center console is out of a 99 neon. Was an auto car not a stick. I noticed the stick cars console shifter cut out was more of a circle and the auto was more of a square so it would be easier to make a plate for a shifter to mount.

78_Elky

Pro Stocker
Mar 9, 2005
Oregon
smlblk78.onlineshowoff.com
Good luck with it. It is looking nice. I used an e-brake handle from an IROC Camaro and the console in my El Camino. If you do decide to move the e-brake look into Lokar they have a great cable kit that will work really well with the drums and is a heck of a lot easier to adjust than the factory setup.
Jess

psychomotors

Dragway Regular
Mar 31, 2011
Bonne Terre, Mo
Wow, think I got one from the wrong Neon,lol. Mine is totally different and has the oval hole. I like yours better but I will work with what I got.

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
i think one is from an auto and other from a standard

Ricks79bu

Daily Driver
May 19, 2012
Yea mine is from an auto car. I think the auto hole is a little easier to work with and looks a little better to me.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!