Neon console

psychomotors

Dragway Regular
Mar 31, 2011
Bonne Terre, Mo
Awhile back someone used a console from a Neon in their car. I assume its been deleted because I have used the search engine and came up empty. I bought one a few days ago and it looks to be a good fit. I was just curious about how they did their shifter. I have an automatic and am going to use a B&M ratchet shifter.

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
i'm not sure what the neon ones look like but check out HumpHugger console,it's a clean look.Phill used one in his ride looks good.

psychomotors

Dragway Regular
Mar 31, 2011
Bonne Terre, Mo
Yeah, I found that thread in my search and it does look good.I've already bought this one for $23 and like the look but haven't really had time to figure out the shifter. If I had a stick shift, it would be easy. The shifter hole is an oval shape. I will try to post a picture.

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
that does look good there and for that price it fits well.what kind of shifter are you going with?

psychomotors

Dragway Regular
Mar 31, 2011
Bonne Terre, Mo
Its a B&M Mega shifter. A buddy of mine gave it to me along with the cable and brackets, so I'm pretty much going to use what I got. I tried posting a pic but something is wrong with my comp and it won't down load at all. Anyways, you can see in pretty much any speed catalog.

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
yea i've seen them,just wondering how you could make it fit that hole and still look good.

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
psychomotors said:
Thats my question,lol.
well,put the shifter down on the floor and lay the console over it and see what yer mind comes up with.

psychomotors

Dragway Regular
Mar 31, 2011
Bonne Terre, Mo
Yeah , I know. I got a few ideas running around in my head. I have a 2x4 plastic ceiling panel that I will probably use. Figure I will trace the shifter plate onto to it to see where to cut the holes and cut out the oval and install from the bottom side of the console and attach with hot melt glue. If I can get the comp straightened out, I will post some pics.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!