Installing New Seats in my Monte

Tony_SS

MalibuRacing Junkie
Apr 21, 2004
Washington, MO
www.mac-ink.com
I finally got a chance to install the new E-8 Seats from Cipher into my Monte. Here are some pics to document the process.

I'm a dealer for Cipher seats and can get forum members a discount off retail pricing. If anyone's interested PM me for a quote.

Unpacking the E-8 seats
ec9.jpg

Here are my current Cipher seats, which were great, but I wanted a little different style of seat.
ec3.jpg

These are the new brackets that allow me a bolt in installation.
0c7.jpg

Maybe I should have vacuumed first!
4c9.jpg

Sliders are attached to the mounting bracket
e43.jpg

Slider and bracket assy mounted to the seat bottom
1d0.jpg

Seat base bolted in (I would advise putting the whole seat together before you mount it in the car)
405.jpg

Close up of the lever. You can recline or fold the seat all the way forward. Grade 8 hardware is used for seat assembly.
ab9.jpg

Drivers seat installed
1cd.jpg

This time I assembled the passenger seat before I dropped it in... much easier.
4d1.jpg

Both seats are mounted with seatbelts threaded through. Not to take away from the other Cipher seat models, but the E-8 seats are outstanding and fit me perfect.
dff.jpg

81classic

Top Fueler
Jun 5, 2003
North Port, Fl
Looks good! What is the height of the base? My current seats on stock tracks sit to high for my liking and I've been looking at those seats, but want to bring them closer to the floor.

Tony_SS

MalibuRacing Junkie
Apr 21, 2004
Washington, MO
www.mac-ink.com
81classic said:
Looks good! What is the height of the base? My current seats on stock tracks sit to high for my liking and I've been looking at those seats, but want to bring them closer to the floor.

The base height on the brackets shown are real low.. about 2" in front. The sliders add another .75".

My old seats shown had the adjustable brackets and they sit the seat about stock height... on the new seats I used the flat bracket which sit them a good amount lower.

HOLY TERROR-BU

Top Fueler
Sep 14, 2010
WATERBURY, CT
VERY NICE! DIDN'T SEE A BEFORE PIC.....BUT I BET THOS MAKES IT LOOK THAT MUCH BETTER!!

HOLY TERROR-BU

Top Fueler
Sep 14, 2010
WATERBURY, CT
I'VE BEEN ON THE FENCE FOR AWHILE NOW -NOT SURE IF I WANT TO CONVERT TO BUCKETS. CUZ THEN IM GOING TO NEED A CENTER CONSOLE TOO. SEEING THIS, MAKES ME WANT BUCKETS. I'LL SOON DECIDE!

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts