interior clips

10secBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 21, 2003
Westminster, MD
OK, I've found and purchased both front & rear upper window trim clips (sometimes called Headliner clips). But, I now need to find the clips that hold the trim on at the base (interior) of the back window. This is the curved piece that sits between the base of the window and the package tray.

I ordered some clips called Garnish molding clips thinking these were correct, but they are way too small.

Any sources?

I've done some searching, but nothing yet. Only need five, not a box of 50 like some clip/hardware places sell.

lasttime78

Frequent Racer
Mar 7, 2011
Just outside Rochester, New York
I have been building Malibu's since the 90's. Let me tell ya, your not going to find them. Unless you go to the Junk yard and pull them from a car, and It takes two people to get them out. One in the trunk with aflashlight and one in the back seat. I myself use the old ones that are broke, stick them in and from the trunk area under back speaker tray area you can see holes. Look up there and you will see were the clips come through. Stick old ones through and use zip ties to tighten down the trim piece. Works great and noone can see them. Wala done. Good Luck.

81classic

Top Fueler
Jun 5, 2003
North Port, Fl
as stated, those are not available. I'm going to try the idea above, or just add a couple extra screws

10secBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 21, 2003
Westminster, MD
Haven't looked under the package tray, but I'm not sure I get the tie wrap part?

I have 3 or 4 clips that the center piece is broken out, but the perimeter is still OK.

IndianaLarry

Amateur Racer
Jul 8, 2010
Crawfordsville,Indiana
10secBu said:
OK, I've found and purchased both front & rear upper window trim clips (sometimes called Headliner clips). But, I now need to find the clips that hold the trim on at the base (interior) of the back window. This is the curved piece that sits between the base of the window and the package tray.

I ordered some clips called Garnish molding clips thinking these were correct, but they are way too small.

Any sources?

I've done some searching, but nothing yet. Only need five, not a box of 50 like some clip/hardware places sell.

My car is missing that trim piece, at the base of the rear window, on the inside.
I don't have any idea, as to what it even looks like. Would you, or anyone else for that matter,
post a picture of it? Please.

Thanks, Larry

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!