What Steering Wheels fit???

Brown_Gbody

Top Fueler
Feb 17, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Outside of the obvious ones (78-up G Bodies)

Would a corvette wheel fit? How about a newer GM wheel???

Basically, I need your input to what my options are, or what have you guys done??

Pictures would be good...

Thanks for the help

timo22

Amateur Racer
Sep 13, 2011
St. Louis, Mo
I used to have the camaro wheel as well.they look sporty and are a little smaller than the stock wheel. I mounted oil and temp gauges in my dash in the open lower right corner of my dash. With the four spoke camaro wheel I couldn't see them that well so went with a trans am three spoke wheel.nice looking wheel! I got rid of the Pontiac center piece by taking a chevrolet off a blazer. Just make sure to take all of the parts from the new wheel because the horn set up is different. Not sure about the years but try to get something 87 or older and I know they will bolt on.hope this helps....

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
You can use any GM wheel from 69 up. If you want to use any Chevy 3 spoke wood/Vette wheel, just get a Vette/Chevelle wood wheel hub, horn contact, wheel & horn button. That's what I did. I'm running an 80's 14" Vette leather repro wheel & a 70 Chevelle wood wheel horn button.

IMG_3612.jpg

qx4.jpg

hc642.jpg

Vett3.jpg

ru1703.jpg

Tommy

Brown_Gbody

Top Fueler
Feb 17, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Great help. Yeah, I kinda like the Vette wheel, which appears to be the same, or very similar to the 70-72 Buick GS wheel. I'll have to see what I can budget for this....

nillabu

Dragway Regular
May 16, 2008
St. Cloud, Minnesota
LS6 Tommy said:
You can use any GM wheel from 69 up. If you want to use any Chevy 3 spoke wood/Vette wheel, just get a Vette/Chevelle wood wheel hub, horn contact, wheel & horn button. That's what I did. I'm running an 80's 14" Vette leather repro wheel & a 70 Chevelle wood wheel horn button.

IMG_3612.jpg

qx4.jpg

hc642.jpg

Vett3.jpg

ru1703.jpg

Sweet wheel Tommy....does it match the GBody buckskin color exact? Did they call it "buckskin" or "tan"? Have seen them on EBay but was stunned at the cost. Can I ask ya what ya paid for the whole setup??

Thanks,
Steve

Tommy

nillabu

Dragway Regular
May 16, 2008
St. Cloud, Minnesota
I know the color match looks pretty obvious in the picture but you must have redyed the dash and components or wheel? Or all? No? I like it a bunch!!

Thanks,
Steve

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
The wheel is a LeCarra 80's Vette replacement. It was around $150.00 when I got it. It comes in a LOT of different colors. LeCarra sent me color swatches of the 3 colors from their website that looked closest to my interior & I ordered the one I like best. The rest of my interior is 100% GM. Nothing has been redyed.

Tommy

80ECLT

MalibuRacing Junkie
Nov 21, 2006
Sheboygan Falls, Wisconsin
Im using a early 90's Lumina Euro steering wheel. Its the best looking non airbag wheel GM has ever made IMO. Plentiful and cheap. They come in black, blue, red, tan and grey from the factory too. Bolts right on, no mods.

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
Here's a better pic showing color match. The rest of the interior is 100% factory:

IMG_3608.jpg

Tommy

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!