DASHBOARD REMOVAL

78boo0

Frequent Racer
Feb 13, 2007
HAZEL PARK, mi
www.niacandles.com
JUST WONDERING HOW HARD IS IT TO REMOVE MY DASH OUT OF MY 80 MALIBU AN INSTALL ALUMINUM DASH REASON FOR REMOVAL TO SAVE WEIGHT (1-10) 10 BEING THE HARDEST

79izfine

Pro Stocker
Nov 20, 2005
massachusetts
www.cardomain.com
the stock dash isn't very hard i will say about a 3 ,,,,, 4 screws up top in defroster vents ,,,,, 2 bolts at kick panel area dash corners towards door end of dash ,,,,, these bolts also used for grounds ,,,, theres a bolt in a frame brace on pass side in back of radio area ,,,,drop steering column ,,,, i think a bolt runs threw brake pedal bracket into dash metal brace might be easier to see with steer column dropped down ,,,, disassemble e-brake release cable from e-brake assembly,,,,i think the key chime/buzzer might be mounted to back of dash near e-brake release handle 2 - 7mm bolts ,,,also the wiring harness is clipped underside of dash windshield area or closer to gauge area ,,,, and if heater parts still in there ,,,have to deal with that not sure of all duct assembly mounts ,,,,,, i went off of memory havent done it in sometime but should get you off to a decent start GL

shvrolay

Dragway Regular
..........unclip the speedometer cable, for me it was always easier to just remove the steering column.

shvrolay

Dragway Regular
79izfine said:
can you ship that beer and pizza lol

LMAO..........there ya go!!

monte ss496

Dragway Regular
May 23, 2010
western mass
just took mine out! not hard at all!

PaulB23

Daily Driver
Jul 15, 2007
New Berlin, Wisconsin
Just be careful when removing any wiring and watching for things that catch, especially if being careful not to crack the dash that's being removed.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!