Rear Seats

thunder938

Daily Driver
Dec 28, 2014
NE Ohio
Are the rear seats of the g-bodys the same? It looks like I am getting a set of buckets for my Malibu that need to be recovered, but the I can only get dark red and my org back seat is a diff. dark red and would need to be covered to match. So if I get the covers for the monte will they work on my Malibu back seat?..Thanks

DonM

Dragway Regular
May 29, 2003
Twin Cities, Minnesota
Monte seats are different. Contact National Parts Depot or Dixie Monte Carlo. They should have new covers for the Malibu. I got mine from National Parts Depot.

DonM

DOUG213XRJ

MalibuRacing Junkie
Sep 18, 2006
West, MI
All G-body seats are the same, As fare as fit. The four door rear seats are more rounded were the two door seats are more square. In a few of my old 78-81 two door Malibu`s I used seats from a 78-80 Monte Carlo. I also used a rear seat from a 86 Bonneville four door in a two door Malibu. Now The patterns are all different .The 86 Bonneville seat had/has a lot more cushion.

Doug

thunder938

Daily Driver
Dec 28, 2014
NE Ohio
One more ???
I found a company that makes 83 malibu seat covers, the front seats have the sep headrest, the ? is all the MALIBU rear seats the same? Should this kit work with my 81 rear seat?

Thanks for the help

oldschool

Frequent Racer
Nov 13, 2003
concord, NC
I have early 80s monte seats in my malibu, the back seat needs a little modification to work...I will recover them some time this year... I am. Using Dixie monte carlo kit, call and ask for Rob he is a member here and knows his chit.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts