Good carpet.. Who make it.

bustedknuckles

Frequent Racer
Jan 11, 2004
johnson city, tennessee
Wondering who everyone is using when installing new carpet. What is used, loop, pile high , low or what ever. What type of backing? Some carpet I have used just doesn't seem to fit right or is thin or something. any help and pics would be great. TRhanks

Mike

Pro Stocker
May 27, 2003
New York
Im pretty sure, not positive, that ACC makes all of the aftermarket carpets out there now. From what Ive been told they bought up the smaller guys that were making automotive carpet.
The last one that I bought came from rockauto. They were the cheapest as far as price. I also bought the carpet with the mass backing. I think its more like the OEM carpet.

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
I've been starting to look around myself, need carpet for the '78, since it has none.

bigbadbu

Pro Stocker
May 5, 2008
East Hartford
www.facebook.com
ACC and Trim Parts both make carpet..ACC is the way to go the colors match better and there customer service is on point..and a major plus is they've got this girl and the way she says "buh bye" makes me wanna move south dancin_banana.gif

Mike

Pro Stocker
May 27, 2003
New York
Pretty sure its the same floor pan. If you go on ACCs website they have a color chart that you can look up by color family.

JuniorJ

Frequent Racer
Mike said:
Im pretty sure, not positive, that ACC makes all of the aftermarket carpets out there now. From what Ive been told they bought up the smaller guys that were making automotive carpet.
The last one that I bought came from rockauto. They were the cheapest as far as price. I also bought the carpet with the mass backing. I think its more like the OEM carpet.

ACC makes 99% of the aftermarket carpets, and the mass backing is a thicker jute padding.
And rockauto is selling it almost as cheap as I can get it as a dealer.

bustedknuckles

Frequent Racer
Jan 11, 2004
johnson city, tennessee
So the mass backing is better in what way? Sound, heat. I am looking for a carpet that fits well. The last I ordered just wasn't a good fitting piece and seemed a little thin and cheap.

JuniorJ

Frequent Racer
bustedknuckles said:
So the mass backing is better in what way? Sound, heat. I am looking for a carpet that fits well. The last I ordered just wasn't a good fitting piece and seemed a little thin and cheap.

The thicker jute makes it fit better, and also help with road noise and heat.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts