HVAC Door Foam Replacement

t5montecarlo

MalibuRacing Junkie
Oct 21, 2007
Lederach, PA
garage-scene.com
I am refurbishing my non-AC heater box and want opinions on what to use on the doors that used to contain rotten foam. Without some sort of seal, the doors will leak.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Mike

Pro Stocker
May 27, 2003
New York
Re: HVAC Door Foam

How about the foam tape that is used on a pick up bed when they install a cap ?

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
Re: HVAC Door Foam

If it's what I'm thinking, that's way too thick. The foam he needs is closer to about 3/16" wide and thick... The foam for truck caps is more along the lines of 2-3" wide and probably 1/2" thick.

t5montecarlo

MalibuRacing Junkie
Oct 21, 2007
Lederach, PA
garage-scene.com
Yes, it is thin and needs to be compressible. It could cover the entire door, but doesn't have to.

I am hoping there is some sort of product that I can use that doesn't rot and become gooey after 10 years and then blow into the passenger compartment...like the original stuff does.

I cannot be the only one with this imponderable.

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
I've used some of that adhesive foam from home depot,its under foam tape,rubber foam weatherstrip,foam insulation tape,closed cell weather seal tape. comes in different thicknesses, colors etc etc.one of the company's that make a lot is called frost king. I'm sure you could find something there to work for ya.

t5montecarlo

MalibuRacing Junkie
Oct 21, 2007
Lederach, PA
garage-scene.com
Last edited by a moderator:

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
their are a lot different versions of that tape i didn't know what would work for you.its worth @the store

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!