El Camino EFI

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
Found some EFI-related stuff for El Caminos if anyone ever wants to go that route. I may be well behind the curve on El Camino-specific stuff, but this was in case anyone wasn't sure and wanted to go with a stock EFI tank/sender. It should take you right to '85 4.3 TBI El Camino, & you just search from there.
http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/raframecatalog.php?carcode=1042715

just plain john

Daily Driver
Jul 22, 2008
Pasadena TX
Let me share my personal experiences on this sublect. I bought a 22 gallon tank, new straps, and a new sender from rockauto. After I made the purchase, and paid, I got a notice from them advising the sender was discontinued. I ultimately found one at Dixie MonteCarlo, but it was very expensive. A bigger problem is the straps. I've tried 2 sets from different vendors. Neither fit, although both were the same ST53 pairs. I don't know if it's the tank dimensions or poor tolerances on the straps, but it's way off. I still haven't resolved the problem.

StreetBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
Mar 21, 2004
Upstate NY
I'm not sure if this is your problem or not, but aftermarket tanks and straps are a PITA to install the first time.....always very tight and I usually dont think I'm going to be able to do it. Most of the time it takes a jack to force the tank up, while your trying to get a bolt started for a strap. Make sure you bend the edges of the tank up like the factory did where the strap runs by the seam too, otherwise it will never fit...HTH

StreetBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
Mar 21, 2004
Upstate NY
BTW, When I said they are a pita the first time you install them, I dont mean the first time you've ever removed or installed a gas tank, but rather the first time a new gas tank is installed by anyone in any vehicle. A lift and a transmission jack helps ALOT...but they still suck to do #-o

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!