What about e85 and injection?

eldabo

Pro Stocker
Aug 10, 2006
Mobile,Alabama
How would that work with the diff air fuel ratios and the extra fuel needed?

David

Jordan81

Pro Stocker
Feb 10, 2004
wichita, ks
prolly depends on what kinda controller your running, but i would think if you had the pump and the injectors that would flow what you need it wouldn't be all that hard to do. e-85 might be the route we go with our camaro

eldabo

Pro Stocker
Aug 10, 2006
Mobile,Alabama
Afer the trouble Ive had with the carb on e85 (gitting it back from classic motor sports Tuesday and hope Chris fixed it). EFI is now in my forseeable future and so id some kinda of supper charging Turbo,procharger. I was thinking of the mega squart but not sure I have the know how to make it work. Any sugjestions? Im staying with e85 its a $1.50 and 110 is $10.00 a gallon .

David

Jordan81

Pro Stocker
Feb 10, 2004
wichita, ks
personally i would stay away from megasquirt, i'm not saying its bad or anything, but if you run into a problem with it at the track there MIGHT be someone there to help you out. on the other hand if you are running FAST, BS3, there are most likely gonna be a few ppl that can help you and point you in the right direction. that and fast and BS3 have really good customer service, mega squirt might have also, i just have never delt with them personally.

jrdrag

Amateur Racer
Feb 8, 2007
Rochester, NY
Jordan81 said:
personally i would stay away from megasquirt, i'm not saying its bad or anything, but if you run into a problem with it at the track there MIGHT be someone there to help you out. on the other hand if you are running FAST, BS3, there are most likely gonna be a few ppl that can help you and point you in the right direction. that and fast and BS3 have really good customer service, mega squirt might have also, i just have never delt with them personally.

I disagree with you. Number one, I do run MegaSquirt. Number two, comparing a $300 ECU to a $2000 ECU is hardly a fair comparison. I will say that MS is not for everyone. It is intended to be and is a DIY intensive project. If you just want to plug something in and use a factory burned program that will make your car run acceptably, any ECU manufacturer will do just fine. If you want to learn to tune and truly understand all of the working of fuel injection, MegaSquirt is a heck of a deal. It requires massive amounts of reading but I have learned a ton from it. The customer service is great because it is a grass roots deal. Anyone that has it can help you. The place I bought mine from, DIYAutoTune, also provides tons of tuning support via email.

Like i said, if you want to learn, MS is the ticket. But please be prepared for some setbacks along the way.

Jordan81

Pro Stocker
Feb 10, 2004
wichita, ks
to each their own... i just know i don't wanna be stuck out on race day with cash already out of my pocket for entry and run into a problem i couldn't fix. cause just like you said. it fits the one application to the guy running it. as i stated,i'm not calling it a bad program. i would just be more comfortable running something more common.

eldabo

Pro Stocker
Aug 10, 2006
Mobile,Alabama
I dont think Im going with mega , My reason is that there are a lot of companys out there that have done the reserch To know what works and what dosn't. Besides being new to the efi thing is a little more than daunting to me having to piece it all together.

jrdrag

Amateur Racer
Feb 8, 2007
Rochester, NY
As I said, for those who want to learn, it can't be beat. I pieced together my entire system. I know every part of it and what it does. I actually understand most of what happens in the system.

For someone that doesn't want all that, don't go with MS. You won't need help fixing something if you already understand the whole system.

eldabo

Pro Stocker
Aug 10, 2006
Mobile,Alabama
Thats true.

[email protected]

Frequent Racer
Sep 6, 2004
Chandler, AZ
www.ronsraceshop.com
there are some very good reads out there on e-85 alot of info can be found on ls1tech or http://www.e85performance.net/forums/

however, to answer your question stoich is 9.7:1 and people usually tune it for 6~:1 for max power. also dont be confused if people use a wideband thats still calibrated to gas stoich. if it is it wont read 9.7 but it will say about 11~ or so because it's lambda is set at 14.7:1

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!