Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » TECHNICAL » EFI Tech

Post subject: Fuel pump suggestions?
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:33 pm 
Daily Driver

Hello all,

My malibu with the TBI 350 is in need of a new fuel pump. Ive decided that an electric external in-line pump would probably be best going forward. Ive narrowed the choices down to 3 and was hoping someone has experience with any or all of these.

The 3 ive located are Holley's 12-927 (150-160 bucks), the Walbro GSL392 (112 bucks) and pump from The Racers Edge TRE-200 (90-100 bucks). All 3 will support TBI pressures and the Holley seems to cap at 15 psi, not sure if thats a pro or con but with fuel pressure being key to feeding a performance TBI engine I figure a higher cap would be better (which the other 2 provide and are cheaper)? Am I wrong in my assumptions or would the Racers Edge or Walbro pump be a better bang for my buck?

Thanks in advance. After further review the TRE-343 is an in-tank replacement, too bad, for 70 bucks I was considering pulling the trigger. The inline fuel pump from TRE is TRE-200 and its only about 12-15 bucks cheaper than Walbro. However, the TRE does come with a 1 year warranty whereas the walbro does not.

Ken

Post Posted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:16 pm 
Frequent Racer

My experience with external pumps is they are always noisy and usually run hotter than internal pumps. If you have an internal pump now, go with the walbro replacemnet/upgrade. They make great stuff.

Board index » TECHNICAL » EFI Tech