fuel pump issues

woody31

Frequent Racer
hey yall, i have a 92 5.7=200/4r swap from a roadmaster,in my g body wagon, the problem is , i think the fuel pump is going out, its making weird noises sometimes and twice it has failed to start( had to beat on the gas tank to get the pump to come on)
the p.o. did the swap he says its the same pump used on 4.1 caddys 5.0
gm f body ect ect.. i would like to upgrade when i drop the tank. any ideas or anyone upgraded there intank stock pump? thanks

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
Wagons never came with EFI, so it'd be interesting to see what he did to make it all fit. There are a variety of pumps that will fit the hanger... TBI, TPI, Vortec, etc.

Are you having any fueling issues or upgrade plans? I have a stock '97 Vortec pump behind a 383, so far no issues.

hypeboy

Daily Driver
Aug 4, 2011
Fuel pumps go out without any warning. Best thing to do is buy a a good one and install it. worse comes to worse is you've spent 100$ on a mod you'll probably end up doing anyway.

Actually get a friend to go under the car with a rubber mallet and hit the gas tank repetively while you crank the engine if it starts for sure its a fuel pump.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!