Tbi won't fire????

80malibucoup

Frequent Racer
Feb 8, 2011
Jonesboro,Ga
My injectors on my tbi won't work. I tested the wires and only one works,thats the hot wire but the other one is not on. Where do I look to solve this problem??

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
The ECM provides a ground to the injector which causes it to fire. Do you have fuel pressure?

80malibucoup

Frequent Racer
Feb 8, 2011
Jonesboro,Ga
Yeah,but I finaly found the problem. The wire that goes from the back of the altenator to the battery was disconnected. That's all it was. I'm out $600 and some change in new parts and all it was,was that one wire. That adds the list of reasons I don't like fule injection. 1 lil wire and your stuck.

80malibucoup

Frequent Racer
Feb 8, 2011
Jonesboro,Ga
I know,but it did. Now the truck runs great. I rebuilt the motor,trans,new fuel pump and filter,battery,alt, ecm, all the sensors,and the rear end. That one wire kept me from driving my truck for a whole year. I just found all my receipts. So I'm out a lot of money on this truck. I'm going to drive the hell out of it,LOL.

dyrt

Daily Driver
Jan 5, 2006
yardville, nj
i had the same thing happen to my s-10 4.3 tbi. A rat or squirrel chewed the white/pink wire harness that goes to the back of the distributor. Took me the better part of a weekend to find it. The wires have something to do with ignition so the computer may disable fuel if it doesn't find a spark source so you don't flood the engine or something.

80malibucoup

Frequent Racer
Feb 8, 2011
Jonesboro,Ga
Update on my truck. I sold it for $6500. Pretty good for a truck that was given to me. I spent $2000 fixing the problems,so I made $4500.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!