Best MPG with fuel injection? and turbo?

gbodystuff

Amateur Racer
Mar 30, 2009
Iowa
Be careful if you live in an emissions state though. If you tune for a lean fuel trim, this will effectively reduce your CO output which is good but any reduction in CO is directly proportional (and vice versa) to increases in CO2 emissions which is a greenhouse gas. Since the LS series engines run @ 210 to burn as much of the hydrocarbons as possible. To keep combustion chamber temps down (not the same as engine operating temperature) additional fuel is required for cooling capacities. The amount of oxygen present in the exhaust as sensed by the upstream and downstream o2 sensors tell the ECM how efficient the fuel trim is. Running lean with regards to NOx levels is the same as more timing advance as far as creating more nitrogen oxides are concerned. A water mist or methonal injection can cure some of those problems though.

JP86SS

Amateur Racer
Sep 26, 2004
N.E. Ohio
www.wideopenwest.com
My LS2 06' GTO gets avg 18 MPG street, 24 Highway.
With a better than factory tune it could increase a bit but not too much.
This is a light car and that is only when I baby it. Driving normal "light aggressive" will drop it to 16 street and 20 hyway.

My 406 Monte' is not fully tuned yet and gets about the same milage on the street (15 avg cuz its fun :) )
Power and milage are at opposite ends of the spectrum but you can optimize a bit at either end.
Jp

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts