How to wire a lockup torque converter in the dash

78elk

Dragway Regular
Mar 6, 2014
Mountain Home Id
I need to know how to wire in the lockup in the cab. Do you add another brake switch on the brake pedal or a toggle switch? What's you best ideas?

78elk

Dragway Regular
Mar 6, 2014
Mountain Home Id
Would hooking it to an electronic cruise control, so the lockup could only come up when the cruise is on?

DOUG213XRJ

MalibuRacing Junkie
Sep 18, 2006
West, MI
My 700R4 only locks up in 4th gear. I have a toggle switch so I can unlock if I need to. I think I ran a wire from a key on post from the fuse box to a toggle switch and from the toggle switch to the Transmission.

Doug

78elk

Dragway Regular
Mar 6, 2014
Mountain Home Id
Thank you guys. I appreciate your help. I think I'll do the toggle switch first. I may try the cruise control later. My thinking on the cruise control, that it would disconnect without causing damage due to forgetting to shut the toggle off.

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
some people like the toggle switch but i like the brake switch,less work on my part.I'm not the brightest bulb @ times i know i'd forget the toggle.

78elk

Dragway Regular
Mar 6, 2014
Mountain Home Id
I'm like you, I don't know if I'll remember to shut off. I'm starting with the toggle switch, but plan to change it to the cruise control and see if I can make it work. I appreciate your help.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!