7.5 posi

80yellowmalibu

Weekend Racer
Sep 7, 2015
i read somewhere that someone sold a reasonably priced posi for the 7.5,who is it. please i don't want to hear its junk don't wast money on it i know is not every ones first choice .iv all ready got money in it and want to just fix the thing not racing it ,,,a little info an what its doing

i went through the hole rear freshened it up put goo axles ,good support cover,im pretty sure i put way to much additive in and it was spinning one wheel peel,i droped the oil out and put straight oil i have not been able to drive it much sense only 1 maybe 2 miles,drove a little today and wacked it and still one wheel peel,someone told me to go in a big lot and do a bunch of low speed fugure 8"s i dont know im lost thing feels tight looks good cant slip the tires by hand,

any other tips to check the posi

t5montecarlo

MalibuRacing Junkie
Oct 21, 2007
Lederach, PA
garage-scene.com
The Auburn diff in the 7.5 is a disposable unit; it can't be rebuilt like the Eaton style.

There is a break-away torque spec to test the Auburn differential. With both rear wheels raised and the transmission in Park, the break-away torque spec is 125-225 ft.lbs. If not within spec, the differential should be replaced.

malibuguy

Top Fueler
Sep 29, 2003
Finksburg, Md
www.cardomain.com
Ive been running the detroit true trac for 2 years. Made noise initially, but is dead silent now.

Works very well

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!