Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » TECHNICAL » Drivetrain Technical

Post subject: Reaffirming 700r4 wiring
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:04 pm 
Weekend Racer

I want to double check my thoughts on this wiring before I mate up the motor and trans to drop in the car tonight. I have two questions:

The first concerning the 4-3 and 4th gear pressure switches. Does anyone have a picture of what ports these two switches go into and where do they go? I'm pretty sure the 4th gear pressure switch I have has two tabs for electrical connections instead of one. Can this be used the same as one with only one electrical point connection?

Second, my plan on the TCC lockup is to have it only lockup in 4th. I plan on running the 12v power source from the fuse box, through the brake cancel switch, through a toggle switch, then down to the power wire on the solenoid. Then it is to my understanding that the ground wire for the solenoid is supposed to be connected to the 4th gear pressure switch. Is this the correct way?

Lastly, I have the vacuum switch and the 4-3 pressure switch. If I use these, will it benefit me when I lay my foot into it and allow the TCC to unlock faster? If so, how do I wire these up? I've gone through multiple sites trying to understand the multiple ways to wire up a 700r4, and there are so many ways to the point I just want to wire up a toggle switch and call it a day. But I'm being persistent in figuring out how to do this. Any help is appreciated.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:21 pm 
Weekend Racer

Here are some pics of the pressure ports I'm trying to figure out. I think the one closest to the accumulator housing is the 4th gear pressure switch, the next one to the right I think is the 4-3 switch, and the one on the far right I have no clue.

Then there is another pressure port by the solenoid that I have no idea what it is used for either, but pulled the switch that goes there from another truck. I'm merely guessing on what these ports are. Can anyone ID them for me?

Post Posted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:04 pm 
Daily Driver

http://www.tciauto.com/Products/Instruc ... 0_inst.htm

see if that helps.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:36 pm 
Weekend Racer

Since I had pulled all the switches and internal wiring harness together, I simply put them all in my trans after pulling the plugs. Then after reading that article, and I had seen it before, that made doing this 1000x's easier and now I've got it figured out.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:24 pm 
Dragway Regular

More Info here>> http://www.rowand.net/Shop/Tech/LockupTCCWiring.htm

Full Article>> http://www.rowand.net/Shop/Tech/Automat ... onSwap.htm

Board index » TECHNICAL » Drivetrain Technical