starting over..

_Stylez

Daily Driver
Mar 23, 2015
Well my last 5.7 and 4l60e transmission were lifted off my hamds for me so ive started over... this week ill have another 5.7 vortec delivered and then a TH350 trans... im thinking of getting a manifold to run carburated until I can get everything needed to go F/I... my question is where can I find a complete list of what I need to do a 5.7 vortec swap?..Maybe a dummies guide lol... thanks in advance...

YAV8

Amateur Racer
Oct 1, 2014
Manitiowc, Wisconsin
The 5.7 vortec is just like any other gen. 1 small block. You will need the correct intake and a electric fuel pump being that most vortec are not set up to run a mechanical pump. Slip in a little bigger cam and have some fun. Or you could just get a set of 1.6 rockers and up the factory cam a little.

_Stylez

Daily Driver
Mar 23, 2015
Where can I find a complete parts list for the fuel tank/pump upgrade?

YAV8

Amateur Racer
Oct 1, 2014
Manitiowc, Wisconsin
Just get a inline electric fuel pump and splice it in the line from the fuel tank to the carb. They like to have it close to the fuel tank if you can find a spot.

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
I have a Comp XE268 in mine, it's street-friendly and makes very good power on a stock long block with a 600cfm carb.

Stylez

Daily Driver
May 22, 2014
Sorry for the late reply but I had to reset my password again.. My dad and I were talking and he sarcastically asked why I didn't buy a wrecked newer Camaro SS and use the parts for the swap into my wagon... OKAY!.. actually it was one of the best ideas I had heard in a minute... we are able to buy at salvage auctions so ill be able to scoop the whole thing up fairly cheap. ok, 5k-7k isn't cheap but I think itll definitely be what I want... pics and such soon to come also...

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!