Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » GENERAL » MalibuRacing Father/Son Project

Post Posted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:12 pm 
Frequent Racer

Nice update Phillip..........I want to know where do you find "Super Star" radials at......I need to replace my rear tires on Regal.....also got a line on 165R15 tires from a forum member will picking some of those up soon too.........

GN backseat X-brace, optima battery holder(got optima battery), Mark VIII fan upgrade, carpet, console, all leather Buick LeSabre interior, stereo, and new gauge insert w/gauges.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:23 am 
MalibuRacing.com Founder

383S10 wrote:
Nice update Phillip..........I want to know where do you find "Super Star" radials at......I need to replace my rear tires on Regal.....also got a line on 165R15 tires from a forum member will picking some of those up soon too.........

Not sure on the tires. My Dad put them on it before he gave the car to my son. I will ask him where he got them.

Only 2 defining forces have ever offered to die for you....Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:55 am 
MalibuRacing Authorized Advertiser

Looks great!

Post Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:49 pm 
Dragway Regular

love it, its coming together really well. what kind of wheels are you going to run? also where did you get shifter base? that looks really slick. and i love the seats aswell!

Post Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:27 pm 

I'm pretty sure the shifter 'base' is part of the B&M shifter. Their logo is on the plastic cover as well.

'87 Fiero GT - 2.8/5-speed
'78 Malibu - Vortec 350/4-speed (for now)

Post Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:55 pm 
MalibuRacing.com Founder

prostreet66 wrote:
love it, its coming together really well. what kind of wheels are you going to run? also where did you get shifter base? that looks really slick. and i love the seats aswell!

Doober is right, the base is part of the Hammer shifter from B&M.

My son likes the chrome IROC replica wheels. So, I'm trying to decide between 17" and 18". I'd like to see a G-body with with the 18" version on it. I don't want it to look "donkish". Here's a shot of what the 18's looks like:

Only 2 defining forces have ever offered to die for you....Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:21 pm 
Pro Stocker

there's a early 80's Monte here with the chrome Iroc's on it...they have to be at least 18's if not the 20's that they sell.....I just noticed where he lives the other day. I'll see if I can snap a picture for you Phil

btw....18's donkish....pshaw #-o

National Sarcasm Society - Like we need your support

Post Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:35 pm 
MalibuRacing Junkie

Kinda like the pot calling the kettle black isnt it? :lol:

Post Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:58 pm 
Frequent Racer

To look "Donkish" wouldnt that require lifting the car somewhat or in someway?.......I dont think that car would look that way cause 18" is almost the new 15"........

GN backseat X-brace, optima battery holder(got optima battery), Mark VIII fan upgrade, carpet, console, all leather Buick LeSabre interior, stereo, and new gauge insert w/gauges.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:49 pm 
MalibuRacing.com Founder

Well, maybe donk wasn't the right word. I just don't want it to be too "blingish" with big chrome rims. I've got it lowered about 1.5 to 2" all around (when I get the front springs installed), so donk definitely does not apply. My other concern is my son damaging the rims with the low profile 40 series tires.

RatMalibu, I LOVE your Malibu, so that in no way applies to you!

Post Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:34 pm 
Dragway Regular

i think those wheels would look nice ive always liked them. i about got a wagon that had them on there awhile back

Post Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:11 am 
Pro Stocker

haha I know Phil......just giving you a hard time, I'll see about getting a pic tomorrow if the car is at home

walks away slowly wondering if he should go find a scotchbrite and cut down on some of the blingishness around here O:)

National Sarcasm Society - Like we need your support

Post Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:12 pm 
MalibuRacing Authorized Advertiser

IMHO I think the 18" chrome Iroc wheels will be too bling-ish... I like how 18" wheels look, but that will be a LOT of chrome!

Post Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:11 pm 
Frequent Racer

Wow I just open discussions....now Tony can you just clarify that a little bit more.....I look at your signature pic I see a lot of shiny wheel there....it looks like chrome but could a very nice high polished wheel....true your car does not have a lot of chrome besides bumper & trim pieces.....I think the Father & Son car falls along the same lines.....but I would love the Iroc wheels a little more if the manufacture broke up that spoke by blacking out the recessed area in the center of the spoke......again I love discussions in forums.....

Post Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:20 pm 

I think they'd look a lot better if the grooves in the spokes were painted/coated as well, even better if they did the openings like the factory IROC wheels. They just look cheap without it imo.

VS

'87 Fiero GT - 2.8/5-speed
'78 Malibu - Vortec 350/4-speed (for now)

Board index » GENERAL » MalibuRacing Father/Son Project