Floorpans completed update 2-12-10

MalibuRacing

Top Fueler
May 5, 2003
www.maliburacing.com
UPDATE: I picked up the Malibu from the shop today. They finished the pans, applied seam sealer, paintable undercoating and installed seat brackets for my aftermarket bucket seats.
This is a shot of the passenger side so you can see how they did the seat brackets:

passenger_side_coated.jpg

Here is a close-up of how the seat brackets were fabricated. It was done with 1" square tubing and other odd and end pieces:
seat_bracket.jpg

Driver's seat installed pictures:

drivers_seat_3.jpg

drivers_seat.jpg

drivers_seat_2.jpg

Both seats mounted:
both_seats_mounted.jpg

Rear seat area after a good cleaning, primed, painted. Fortunately, there was not rust here. Here's how it looks now:
rearseat_area_painted.jpg

I think they did a really good job. You can hardly tell the pans have been replaced on the top or underneath. I will try to get some shots underneath tomorrow while I am out working on some of the interior pieces. Plus, I have to permanently mount the fuel lines after the completion of the floor pans.

79 surfwagon

Frequent Racer
Jun 26, 2006
Texas
Super clean dash. Floors look solid!

Chillin014

Frequent Racer
Mar 9, 2008
HOUSTON TX
Awesome. I just covered mine in dynamat, where did you get those seats and brackets? That is what I want in my car!

I also dont understand the e-brake cable design...why do they all rub against the pan like that?

(sorry to bump an old thread)

MalibuRacing

Top Fueler
May 5, 2003
www.maliburacing.com
Chillin014 said:
Awesome. I just covered mine in dynamat, where did you get those seats and brackets? That is what I want in my car!

I also dont understand the e-brake cable design...why do they all rub against the pan like that?

(sorry to bump an old thread)

The guy that did my floor pans fabricated the brackets out of 1" square tubing and angle iron. I got the seats off Ebay. The seller I bought these from no longer sells seats that looks just like the ones I have. But, there are tons of others they sell on there. Yep, the e-brake design is cheesy....

axisg

Frequent Racer
May 13, 2008
YYZ ( Toronto )
looks great, you would not be able to tell without really looking close !!!

Side Note: I have always slipped a piece of rubber fuel line and secured it with zip-ties over the parking brake cable to keep it from chafing

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!