New Floorpans installed - 2/8/10

MalibuRacing

Top Fueler
May 5, 2003
www.maliburacing.com
As I have talked about before, the floor pans had some pretty bad spots in them. I was really surprised, when I started tearing into the car, since everything else was in very good condition. Obviously there had been a water leak. Anyway, I thought about patching the spots, but decided to purchase full left and right pans from Sherman & Associates Inc.

"before" shots of the floorpan:
0109092035_resize.jpg

0109092036_resize.jpg

0109092036a_resized.jpg

I got lazy and took it to a local body shop to have the work done. "After" shots with the new pans, installed:
IMG_3455_adj.jpg

IMG_3457_adj.jpg

IMG_3462_adj.jpg

IMG_3461_adj.jpg

The guys at the body shop really bragged on the quality of the Sherman & Associates Inc. floor pans. I would highly recommend them to everyone! I think it turned out really nice.

Next we're going to install mounts for the aftermarket bucket seats. This should be completed this week and I can then concentrate on completing the interior.

gstock8732

Dragway Regular
Jan 21, 2009
Jersey
That Lois really well. I put a Sherman pan in my bu aswell. It is really nice fitment. What are u doing about the seatbelt. Myne came with a hole. I was thinking of welding a nut on the outside. But I think it'll look taky. Got any pics of the front mount. Underneath. Not sure how much to cut off.

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
Looks great! I've always touted Sherman & Assoc., when I was working at the salvage yards those are about the only guys I saw delivering sheetmetal... probably didn't hurt that their HQ was only about an hour's drive from me. Way I understand is they use original GM tooling where they can.

454RAT

Pro Stocker
Mar 19, 2004
Summerville, SC
looks great, how much did the floorpans cost from Sherman and Associates? are you going to put som sound deadner in?

MalibuRacing

Top Fueler
May 5, 2003
www.maliburacing.com
454RAT said:
looks great, how much did the floorpans cost from Sherman and Associates? are you going to put som sound deadner in?

They are $229 each side.
Yes, I'd like to use something like Dynamat.

gpmalibu

Frequent Racer
Mar 13, 2008
Helenville,Wi
Make them a sponsor so that they are easier to find. The place that makes replacement frame rails was preety cool to see up there.

MalibuRacing

Top Fueler
May 5, 2003
www.maliburacing.com
gstock8732 said:
That Lois really well. I put a Sherman pan in my bu aswell. It is really nice fitment. What are u doing about the seatbelt. Myne came with a hole. I was thinking of welding a nut on the outside. But I think it'll look taky. Got any pics of the front mount. Underneath. Not sure how much to cut off.

They put the seat belt nut underneath (in stock location), held in place by using the bolt and some washers and welded it back in place.

I don't have any pictures of the underside right now. I will get some in the next few days. I didn't even have a chance to look at the underside very well.

MalibuRacing

Top Fueler
May 5, 2003
www.maliburacing.com
gpmalibu said:
Make them a sponsor so that they are easier to find. The place that makes replacement frame rails was preety cool to see up there.

Actually, they are! I have a link on the home page, but didn't have a chance to put it in the forums. I will get that up ASAP and make an announcement.

Thanks,

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!