Motor Mount Adapter Summary

MalibuRacing

Top Fueler
May 5, 2003
www.maliburacing.com
Motor Mount Adapter:
I used Trans-Dapt 4592 LS adapter plates:

It includes all the necessary bolts and hardware. It also included the late model style motor mounts, which I didn't use. I believe the proper part number for the adapter plates only (about $20 cheaper) is 4572 if you plan to use the stock Malibu frame mounts and SBC clamshells as I did.

after_clean.jpg

I used the stock style '79 Malibu frame mounts as seen above

P1100534.JPG

The stock SBC "clam shells" that bolts to the adapter plate as seen above

I used the transmission crossmember location as the reference point for engine location. I then tack welded the frame mounts in place and bolted them into place. Drilling bolt holes may be required.

MalibuRacing

Top Fueler
May 5, 2003
www.maliburacing.com
You can use the stock location, but I moved mine back about 1/2" from what I remember.

malibu_newfie

Sep 30, 2015
Newfoundland , Canada
Question. When you moved your motor mounts back was that for more clearnence for belt and pulleys. Also did you have to move your transmission back as well.

MalibuRacing

Top Fueler
May 5, 2003
www.maliburacing.com
From what I remember, I located the engine (and motor mount locations) by referencing the transmission mount location. In other words, I installed the motor/transmission together. I then installed the transmission crossmember (Iceman crossmember). This was how I determined the location of the engines mounts, based on where the transmission mount located the engine position.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!