A/C Bracket Update

MalibuRacing

Top Fueler
May 5, 2003
www.maliburacing.com
I only had about an hour to work on the car tonight. I'm in the process of making the A/C bracketry. Here's a shot of one of the braces I fabbed tonight out of an A/C brace off my old engine and some round stock I had lying around.
1208082119a_640.jpg

Notice my much-to-be-desired welding skills :oops: :
1208082119_640.jpg

Now I need to fab a bracket between the back of the aluminum A/C compressor bracket and the passenger side head. I guess I'll work on that tomorrow. Like this one:
rear_brace.jpg

I need the bolts that bolt the compressor to the bracket. Hmmm.... I hate to do it for just three bolts, but it may mean a trip to the junk yard.
1208082232_640.jpg

454RAT

Pro Stocker
Mar 19, 2004
Summerville, SC
Re: VERY small update

while your there see if you can find that bracket you are talking about fabing up. looks like a factory piece off of something. take a measurement of the length you need and good luck, at least you can go "hunting" in a junk-yard, I havent been to one here in St. Louie since I moved here.............. :evil:

rjleiker

Amateur Racer
Sep 24, 2008
Derby, KS

I know it's a little random, but I noticed you have an ICEmember crossmember. I am really set on getting one for my TKO-600 install...

How do you like it? Does it flex at all? How's the driveline angle? Do you think it's good quality and can take a little abuse?

MalibuRacing

Top Fueler
May 5, 2003
www.maliburacing.com

rjleiker said:
I know it's a little random, but I noticed you have an ICEmember crossmember. I am really set on getting one for my TKO-600 install...

How do you like it? Does it flex at all? How's the driveline angle? Do you think it's good quality and can take a little abuse?

I really like it. It bolted right in without any problems. To be honest, I haven't put an angle finder on it to check driveline angle. It probably wouldn't hurt to check, but I assumed it would be fine.

As for as taking abuse, I believe a few guys on here use it in racing applications. I will defer to them as far as the strength.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!