Scrub-a-dub - Part 4

MalibuRacing

Top Fueler
May 5, 2003
www.maliburacing.com
We got some done over the weekend and this evening, but nothing really to brag about. We got the engine bay steam cleaned. We have put one coat of paint on the engine bay, and need to put one more.

Before:
before.jpg

After steam cleaning:
after_clean.jpg

Preparing to paint engine bay:
paint_taped.jpg

After One coat of paint:
after.jpg

Since it's going to be my son's daily driver, I didn't go all-out on the clean-up and detailing of the engine bay. But, it will look a heck of a lot better than before. My Son was proud of it nonetheless.

Also, we stripped the wire harness from the motor and transmission. I plan on taking the motor and transmission to the car wash and steam cleaning it sometime this week. I don't want to do it around my house, too messy. Motor and trans with wire harness stripped:
engine_no_harness.jpg

Wire harness pile:
wire_harness.jpg

OK, that's it for this time. I debated on whether to even post this, since it's really not much to post about.

Plan for this week: Dropping the motor in place to see where we might have clearance issues. I'm afraid that we're going to see some problems, but I guess that's all part of the project.

Till next time.....

winditup57

Dragway Regular
Jun 6, 2006
Davenport, IA
Everything looks great. Wouldnt it have been better to wait until you had any clearancing done to paint everything? I suppose you can just touch everything up once that is complete. Nonetheless, keep up the good work.

MalibuRacing

Top Fueler
May 5, 2003
www.maliburacing.com
winditup57 said:
Everything looks great. Wouldnt it have been better to wait until you had any clearancing done to paint everything? I suppose you can just touch everything up once that is complete. Nonetheless, keep up the good work.

Man, did you have to bring that up??!! :lol:

You're probably right, I should have waited, but I'm hoping the only place that will need clearancing is the frame rail or crossmember where the A/C compressor is going to be. It should be a pretty small area. I think everything else should be fine, judging by other swaps that I have been reading about.

winditup57

Dragway Regular
Jun 6, 2006
Davenport, IA
Just the way it works. Happened to me a few times on my build. You think you are done then you find 5 other things you forgot....lol

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!