Out with the old... (Part 2)

MalibuRacing

Top Fueler
May 5, 2003
www.maliburacing.com
We're now moving at the pace of a speedy turtle! We got the old motor and transmission pulled today. Not much as far as progress, but it is progress. We were delayed by digging out the engine hoist from the back of my dad's "barn". We had to move all kinds of junk to get it out and loaded on my truck. But, that's boring stuff.... Now for some pics from the short day's work:

P1100478.JPG

Turned out to be a gorgeous day, with a high of about 60 today, so the garage doors were open today! Here's the old mill being hoisted out. Roll Tide! :lol:

P1100480.JPG

My son manning the Hoist. The hoist gave us some problems. The jack didn't want to extend all the way. Guessing it is low on hydraulic oil, it's very old. Anyways, we had to re-lower it, and shorten the chain connecting to the lift tabs, then go again.

P1100481.JPG

As you can see, we have a lot of cleaning and detailing to do. I plan on giving the engine bay a good steam cleaning and some paint to freshen things up.

P1100485.JPG

Another empty engine bay shot.

P1100486.JPG

The old mill. I believe it is a 305 out of an mid 80's Chevy pickup. Need to check the numbers. Wonder if I can get anything out of the motor/transmission? :-k

P1100487.JPG

Just waiting for a new drivetrain....

P1100483.JPG

If you make a mess, you gotta' clean it up! Here's the son sweeping up the mess. Until next time!!

slimbo

May 21, 2007
www.yellowbullet.com
awesome progress. anything you can unbolt in the engine compartment do it! makes it look much cleaner when reassembled.

MyBU

Frequent Racer
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta, GA
slimbo5 said:
awesome progress. anything you can unbolt in the engine compartment do it! makes it look much cleaner when reassembled.

X2

A

Anonymous

Awesome progress. Definitely spend some time on the engine bay. I rushed mine and wish I'd cleaned & painted better.

Keep up the good work!

MalibuRacing

Top Fueler
May 5, 2003
www.maliburacing.com
Got any pictures of the Volvo with the LT1? Sounds like a fun grocery getter!!

A

Anonymous

MalibuRacing said:
Got any pictures of the Volvo with the LT1? Sounds like a fun grocery getter!!

Sure, the text in my signature is a link: http://chrislindh.googlepages.com/1986740glelt1t56

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!