Welcome to the MalibuRacing Father/Son Project

MalibuRacing

Top Fueler
May 5, 2003
www.maliburacing.com
I decided to create this specific forum to document our attempt at swapping a 4.8L EFI truck motor and 4L60E into my 15 year old son's Malibu. Why? Well, mainly to document what it takes to swap a LS1 style engine into a G-body. Also, I wanted to keep it orderly.

I will try to document all the wiring, ECM, fuel system, driveline and any other modifications that we do in order to do this swap. I'm still learning myself and trying to read everything I can about these swaps. So, check in every now and then as I update this project.

I welcome questions or comments (and help!) along the way.

Thanks!

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
I patiently (aka eagerly) await! :D

slimbo

May 21, 2007
www.yellowbullet.com
awesome, cant wait to see progress! i only wish my dad took an interest in my hobby

WhiteTrash79MC

Dragway Regular
Aug 20, 2004
Reading, PA
Oh man, as if I'm not addicted to this board enough :D Can't wait to see the final product. And slimbo5 u have my sympathies, as my dad long a go threw in his hot roddin wrench and has become corrupted by high MPG point A to B imports :(

MalibuRacing

Top Fueler
May 5, 2003
www.maliburacing.com
Just a disclaimer here.... Although I am planning on doing the job right, and making it look good, I'm not going to make this into a all out "show car". It will have a few rough edges. Knowing that a teenager will be using this as a daily driver, it would be senseless to go all out this project. Now, if it were for me, it might be different! ;) :lol:

Roller406Bu

Frequent Racer
Sep 10, 2003
Elizabethtown Ky
what's the latest Phil? You coming to bowlingreen for the national muscal car association meet first weekend of may? I'll have my car in the show area...

mylilbu

Daily Driver
Jun 4, 2014
Great,father and son sharing a passion.I want to do the same to my 80,though I would have to have someone do the work for me as I don't have the skill level to take on a job of that scale on my own,also don't have all the tools required to do the job.Anyway good luck and thanks for sharing your journey with the swap!

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!