Engine Purchased (Part 1.5)

MalibuRacing

Top Fueler
May 5, 2003
www.maliburacing.com
Well, I purchased 4.8L truck motor today. I found one with 30K, motor with all the accessories (A/C, ALT, Starter, etc.), 4L60E, harness, ECM and they'll deliver it for free to my Dad's business. It's coming from the place that I mentioned initially (is this a good deal thread), but I got a much better price on the 4.8L and lower miles. Plus, the guy's from the recycler are really knowledgable when it comes to lsx swaps. He said he'd be willing to answer any questions during the swap, since he's done several. He said he would also re-program the ECM for me when I decide on gears and tire size. So, that's a bonus.

I know, I know, some of you are scoffing at the 4.8L. Keep in mind it's not for me. I wouldn't buy it if it were for me!! Believe me, at 295 HP, that will be PLENTY of power for a new driver (my son). My main priority was to get a low mileage "drop-in" that will be reliable for some time, for a good price. Also, it will allow me to get my feet wet doing an EFI conversion for possible future project (for myself!).

Pictures to come....

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
Sweet :) Sounds like you went to the right place, he sounds like a nice guy. It's all good on the 4.8 ;) just paves the way for when he's ready for more power... drop in a 6.0 or LS7 and he's good to go :twisted:

Longroof79

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 10, 2004
Gainesville, Fla.
Phillip,
It sounds like a nice project. Plus the fact that you can tap into technical support from a guy who's familiar with this swap. Good deal!
The 4.8 motor should be plenty of power for your son who's a novice.

Good luck!
Jack :thumbsup:

454RAT

Pro Stocker
Mar 19, 2004
Summerville, SC
I got in trouble with alot less. post up pics and progress.

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
454RAT said:

X2 :lol: You don't need a lot of power to do something stupid (or to speed)! In any case, maybe you should make a run to the strip to get an idea what this type of combo would net, just as a baseline for the LS-series G-Body :lol: ;)

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
Cool beans, Phillip!

Tommy

80ECLT

MalibuRacing Junkie
Nov 21, 2006
Sheboygan Falls, Wisconsin
If I did an LSX swap, it would be the 4.8 as well. But thats just me, I like the underdogs! It will still be an accomplishment when its done! Pics, pics, pics!!!

MalibuRacing

Top Fueler
May 5, 2003
www.maliburacing.com
Doober said:
454RAT said:

X2 :lol: You don't need a lot of power to do something stupid (or to speed)! In any case, maybe you should make a run to the strip to get an idea what this type of combo would net, just as a baseline for the LS-series G-Body :lol: ;)

You KNOW I will!

T5MalibuWagon

Dragway Regular
Sep 27, 2004
Fort Worthless TEXAS!
Man with the price of gas I bet your son will love it. It doesnt matter how fast it is if all you got is fumes. Heck and girls dont know if its a ls7 or not :twisted:

BTW, are you looking to adopt?

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!