Interior Update - 3/20/10

MalibuRacing

Top Fueler
May 5, 2003
www.maliburacing.com
I got in a bunch of interior goodies this week from Brian at G-bodyParts.com. Here's a rundown of what I got done this weekend:

interior_lower_quarter_dyed_adj.jpg

Crappy picture from my Blackberry... Anyway, I got "used" lower quarter with armrest. They were burgundy, but I dyed them black. Very good quality for used pieces.

upper_quarter_window_trim_adj.jpg

These are reproduction upper quarter window pieces. The fit was pretty good. It took some tweaking to get them to fit just like I wanted, but turned out really nice.

interior_rear_quarter_640.jpg

Here it is assembled and installed.

interior_b-pillar_640.jpg

This is the reproduction B-pillar pieces I got to replace my dry-rotted pieces.

back_seat_640.jpg

After sitting in the rear seat (while installing some of the trim), it caused some stretching of the material, which caused some wrinkling. Hopefully it will smooth back out, but probably not.... :(

interior_driver_640.jpg

Front interior. Lower door panels with speakers are on back-order. They are supposed to be in the first of April. [-o<

interior_passenger_640.jpg

I still need new A-pillar covers (get when I order the lower door panels).

Gratuitous exterior shots:

left_front_640.jpg

My beater '89 Chevy in the background.

driver_side_640.jpg

left_rear_640.jpg

What's left:
Replace grill/headlight bezels
New hood ornament
Lower door panels with speakers
A pillar covers
New coil springs all around
Wheels and tires

Updates to come....

alowerlevel

Frequent Racer
May 30, 2008
South Jersey 08109
Looks good, what'd you use to dye the panels?

MalibuRacing

Top Fueler
May 5, 2003
www.maliburacing.com
It's more like spray paint, but it is vinyl and fabric dye. You can get it from local parts stores. There are a few brands, such as SEM, Duplicolor, Rustoleum, etc. Most I have talked to say SEM is the best.

MalibuRacing

Top Fueler
May 5, 2003
www.maliburacing.com
Actually, it was re-upholstered by a local upholstery shop. I'm going to take it back to the guy and see if he can fix it.

79loserbluebu

Frequent Racer
Jun 15, 2009
Illinois-60491
Very nice update! I see you are using Cutlass rear lower panels as am I. They are soooo much better than the one piece factory units, the softer arm rest just makes things that much better. Did you guys have any troubles with some of the paint flaking off of the parts while installing them? Mainly around the kick panel areas where the sharp edges of the sill plates would kind of scrub against the panel? It may of been lack of coverage while I was painting. From burgandy to black, it's probably alot easier to tell what areas you have covered. I went from light blue to shadow blue.

Once again, great update! Maybe this will motivate me to stop messing with my serpentine setup and finish my interior finally! :lol:

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!