Edelbrock 750 vs. Holly 750 supercharger carb

widomkr79

Daily Driver
Aug 10, 2010
I currently have a fresh rebuilt 350 all new inside componets with a Howard 505 cam.(mild) B&M 144 super charger (just rebuilt) with an Edelbrock 750 carb. Not really happy with the performance thought I would get more out of the motor and not sure if the carb is part of the problem. Considering swapping to the Holly 750 super charger carb. Any thoughts? Is it worth spending the money? Could it be a noticeable difference?

bowtie81

Mar 28, 2008
sarnia, ontario canada
I run a B&M 162 supercharger and with these their is no need for a supercharger carb per say, they recommend a boost reference carb but these don't produce enough boost to warrant it. I use a 750 speed demon and this thing works great.
Just grab a double pump holley or a demon and scrap that edelbrock, you'll be happier.

If you need any material on these blowers, let me know and i could help you with what i have.

underdogbry

Mar 30, 2014
I strongly recommend boost reference that holley. its very easy to do. if not then remove/plug the pv and fatten it up. if you run a pv on top of the 144 it will never open and not richen it poss run to lean not good...and buy a fast afr meter # 170402 money well spent and save u lots of headaches

Ed Cannon

Pro Stocker
Jul 17, 2009
Johnson City Tn
I cant help with the supercharger tuning but I can tell you the Holley is a much better choice when tuning for max h.p. And Like was already said A wideband afr is money well spent.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!