blow thru turbo tuning help

1sickboo

Daily Driver
Apr 24, 2012
woodbridge va
Ok so I'm trying to tune my own car starts and idlles fine but as soon as I touch the gas it falls right on its face won't get out of its own way plugs don't show that's its lean or too rich and the blow off valve will not open at all please someone help

Bad Medicine Racing

Frequent Racer
Jan 8, 2010
Grove Oak, AL
If it is stumbling when you touch the pedal that is an accelerator pump problem. We need WAY more info to help you properly. What kind of carb and such are you using?

Bad Medicine Racing

Frequent Racer
Jan 8, 2010
Grove Oak, AL
1sickboo said:
It's a c&s blowthru carb with two e bay to4 turbos air to air intercooler
Was it built for your setup?

1sickboo

Daily Driver
Apr 24, 2012
woodbridge va
Yea I paid 1600 dollers for a carb built for what I have and it runs like sh*t it felt like it fould the plugs that looked lean so I put on a fresh set started it it ran good for about 2 mins thin ran like sh*t pulled the plugs and that were black as coal and full of fule

Bad Medicine Racing

Frequent Racer
Jan 8, 2010
Grove Oak, AL
1sickboo said:
Yea I paid 1600 dollers for a carb built for what I have and it runs like #### it felt like it fould the plugs that looked lean so I put on a fresh set started it it ran good for about 2 mins thin ran like #### pulled the plugs and that were black as coal and full of fule
Holy Cow at the $1600 price tag!!! I HOPE that was them supplying a new carb and converting it. I personally run a CSU, but I know that C&S also makes a decent carb that can support big power.

Now that the rant is over lol, have you checked your float level? If they are too high it will cause fuel to dribble out of the boosters and it will load up and foul the plugs. First thing I would do is call Heath or whoever you talked to at C&S and get some help from them.

I can PM you my number if you want, and I will help you all I can...I'm no guru, but I do know a little.

Overkill

Daily Driver
Apr 27, 2009
Damascus, MD
I would say it could be several things. First, I own a CSU carb, but I know C&S makes a good blow thru, so check with them first. The first things I would look at would be:
- the accelerator pump needs to be addressed, ac pump cam change
- if the carb has a PV it may need to be adjusted to when the boost is pushing it open, in your description I would say too soon?
- if youre using a MSD BTM and it stumbles when its coming up on boost, disconnect the boost timing retard and try running without it
- also, pull the hat off and run the car with no turbo boost, just start it on the motor and see what happens when you give it some throttle, that will eliminate the BTM and PV items for now

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!