Are Probe pistons any good.

Black Mamba

Weekend Racer
Aug 28, 2011
ROCKFORD,IL
I've been looking at Wiseco, Probe, and SRP for my soon to be turbo'd 355. I have AFR 190 heads milled to 67 CC. I'm looking at a 8.5 to 8.9 compression ratio, 5.7 forged Crower rods. I'm also looking at hydraulic roller cams. I've narrowed the brands down to Howards, Bullet, and Lunati, just not sure of specs yet. Any one use these companies grinds for their application. All suggestions and comments are welcome.

I'm done,
Kino

Hey Aaron Rodgers where is your belt now???

Bad Medicine Racing

Frequent Racer
Jan 8, 2010
Grove Oak, AL
I am running the SRPs with a Bullet cam. No complaints about either. The best thing about the cam was how nice and helpful the guys were on the phone. Got a solid flat tappet cam on the premium core with lifters for just under $300 shipped.

I have heard Probe pistons are pretty good. Never ran any myself though.

Black Mamba

Weekend Racer
Aug 28, 2011
ROCKFORD,IL
I sent Bullet a cam recommendation form, so hopefully I'll hear something soon.

jana2213

Dec 7, 2015
I have used probe pistons in some mild street applications and some claimer engines...they work well for the money and have a fee different styles...the one set uses stock size rings 5/16"

Ed Cannon

Pro Stocker
Jul 17, 2009
Johnson City Tn
I have ran Probes in my 496 for 3 years over 300 passes some with nitrous. They are the forged I think are called srs series pistons. You cannot go wrong with Bullet cams.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!