Turbo headers???

Bad Medicine Racing

Frequent Racer
Jan 8, 2010
Grove Oak, AL
Cheapy eBay stainless headers will crack eventually. The forward facing turd gen F body twin turbo headers will fit with a little work.

Bad Medicine Racing

Frequent Racer
Jan 8, 2010
Grove Oak, AL
That's what I have on my car. Been on there four years, and I have had to weld on them a couple of times.

Bad Medicine Racing

Frequent Racer
Jan 8, 2010
Grove Oak, AL
Here is a little compilation with a few pics and some passes. That was with a new motor on low boost in the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OFDTfKrnfU&feature=g-upl&context=G2cb0ff5AUAAAAAAAAAA

Papa Wheelie

Daily Driver
Jul 5, 2010
Pomeroy Pa.
I just bought a set of the up and forward OBX headers, two words... SUPER NICE! 1/2" thick flanges, primary tubes tig welded inside and out at the flanges, very heavy gauge, they weigh as much as my full length Schoenfeld headers, V-bands are top quality with reciever groove, they clear the stock steering shaft. The only down fall with them is they will not work with the sheetmetal valvecovers that have the bolts through the top. I can't tell you anything about the $179 dollar T3 flange style Ebay headers but what I can tell you is someone spends $179 bucks for Ebay stuff and it cracks and it instantly get black listed as "Erape" Crap, everyone stay away but someone else spends $1500 for a custom built set and it cracks then it's like "ahhh well I'll just send it back to the guy who built them to have it fixed, must be a flaw"... Bottom line is turbo exhaust see more heat than a N/A exhaust ever should and then you see guys hanging 30 lb. each twins let alone 20 lbs. of crossover piping and a 40-50 lb. single turbo off a header with inadequate or no support one should expect cracks. I've seen homemade headers built from 16 gauge mild steel as well as many sets of the Ebay deals last years with no problems and I've seen $1000+ professionally built stainless deals crack almost immediatley with no ryme or reason, could be a lot to do with tuning?

boostinmalibu

Dragway Regular
Sep 13, 2005
joplin missouri
are these the ones your talking about?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OBX-Small-Block-Chevy-Turbo-Headers-V-band-Collector-/150728814406?hash=item2318232f46&item=150728814406&pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr

my cousin bought a set for his 67 camaro with a 106 and i borrowed one to see how well it fit the g body, they fit GREAT!! i have the moroso solid mounts in these pics

2011-05-06114742.jpg

doesnt look like there is alot of room in the pic, but probably a good 1/4" between the header and valve cover, the cover will come off with the header still on

2011-05-06114753.jpg

Papa Wheelie

Daily Driver
Jul 5, 2010
Pomeroy Pa.
Yup! Those are them... I have the same type mounts also (PRC's) I bought a set of CNC laser cut headers flanges off Ebay that are .400 thick so I have pretty much 3/4" clearance between the header and V/C.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!