Pro Charger VS Vortech

Hooligans

Weekend Racer
Aug 28, 2011
Belfair, WA
Ok, I am looking for some info on this. I am looking into the entry level supercharger systems but I would like to know the pros and cons. This is what I'm looking at -

ProCharger P-1SC - self lubricating, 6061 billet brackets, 8 rib belt, capable of supporting 925 hp, 4.10:1 overdrive ratio

Vortech Part # 4GP218-050L - (V-3 Si-trim) .... self lubricating, max boost 22 psi, 6 rib belt, capable of supporting 775 hp, 3.6:1 step up

My question is you always hear about ProCharger, is there any major differences in the 2 besides the price? Vortech seems quite a bit cheeper, any reason why? I can see the capable HP difference but Im not overly concerned as to this will be on a SBC 327.

johnnycarlo

Frequent Racer
Apr 6, 2007
RIMBEY AB. CANADA
My buddy dropped over $4000 years ago on a Vortech YSi for his 454. I think it was there biggest blower then. He needed to rig up a different tensioner set up (it was slipping the belt badly) He tried to get tech help from them, or to buy parts to fix the issue and got zero help....I'd go procharger if I was you.

454RAT

Pro Stocker
Mar 19, 2004
Summerville, SC
The belt slipping above 8-10 psi is usually always the issue with any blower. The 8 rib belt would help, and the D-1SC is a good blower. Im running a Paxton Novi 2000 and am very happy with it.

JPF

Weekend Racer
Apr 20, 2006
Lees Summit, MO
I'm pretty biased but I HIGHLY recommend going with the Procharger piece.

pkstang

Daily Driver
Nov 28, 2011
central mass
before the turbo on my stang i had a paxton novi2000 and few friends have vortechs with great reliability. my only experience with procharegr was with their "race" intercooler which split on me and they did absolutely nothing about it. if you search around you can find the post under the same username along with other people having issues with the procharger customer service which seems unless you're some shop or big name racer is just about nonexistent for the average guy of the street.

pk's $0.01

Bad Medicine Racing

Frequent Racer
Jan 8, 2010
Grove Oak, AL
I ran a 142 Weiand for a couple of years and LOVED it. Great manners, easy installation, and fits under a 4" cowl. Unless you are dead set on the centrifugal, and already have your blow thru carb, and fuel system, I would highly recommend a small roots blower. I know that wasn't the question, but I thought I would give my $0.02.

bowtie81

Mar 28, 2008
sarnia, ontario canada
Bad Medicine Racing said:
I ran a 142 Weiand for a couple of years and LOVED it. Great manners, easy installation, and fits under a 4" cowl. Unless you are dead set on the centrifugal, and already have your blow thru carb, and fuel system, I would highly recommend a small roots blower. I know that wasn't the question, but I thought I would give my $0.02.

I hear ya, I'm loving my 162

pldmalibumalibu

Amateur Racer
Oct 7, 2009
The 508
I Have an F1a Procharger on my 468 Big Block . I had an issue with a leaking seal and they fixed it no problem . I am totally happy with their company -Product Quality and service.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!