100 shot?'s

boyzbad

Top Fueler
Jul 28, 2004
Olathe, Ks
I have a 400 sbc making 650 n/a. I want to run a small plate on it for index racing to pick up a few tenths. Never messed with nos before but from what I'm told 100 is pretty safe. Not wanting to get into the tuning aspect really but the setup I'm gonna need. I have a 7al-3 so I was gonna use the retard function and the window switch to activate it unless a timer would be more consistent than rpm. In any event I figure I need to know about the fuel delivery part. My belt driven fuel pump won't work since it's internally regulated so I was just gonna go back to an electric pump.

1. Will the timing retard and window switch be ok
2. Can I use an Aeromotive A1000 pump to feed a 10an line up front (Aeromotive is local so I'd like to buy their stuff)
3. Can I use a single regulator to feed the carb and fuel solenoid or do I need a y with a return for carb and dead head the nos side.
4. I was just gonna put the bottle in the car so what do I need to maintain bottle temp since that is a tuning aspect correct?
5. Looking at a plate for simplicity
Throw some ideas my way
Gary

Hiway

MalibuRacing Junkie
Mar 9, 2005
Enola Arkansas
If you are just gonna do a 100 shot then just buy a plate system (adjustable) and run an underhood 1gal. cell and dedicated pump. You for sure want a dedicated regulator.

NEW2MALIBU

Dragway Regular
Mar 5, 2007
idaho
I haven't run mine yet (too cold), but here is what I learned so far. I just installed a 1 gal. cell under the hood. I added a window switch, and I used the retard off of my Digital 6 box. From what I have read the A1000 is more than enough pump. I simply added a Holley Black under the hood for the nitrous side. I would probably suggest the additional regulator, you are going to want to know exactly what your fuel pressure is going to the fuel solenoid. I just put my bottle in the trunk. I bought the NOS 150-250 Cheater of of Amazon.com for $297.00, $335.00 from Summit or Jegs. I am starting off with a 100 shot also.

NitrousFuel.jpg

NitrousCarb-1.jpg

NEW2MALIBU

Dragway Regular
Mar 5, 2007
idaho
Ohhh...I forgot. Read this, definately get you headed in the right direction. A few guys on here have helped me alot, just keep asking questions.
http://www.southsidestreetcars.org/sssc2006/index.php?page=35

BENCHSEATRACIN

Frequent Racer
I added a 1 gallon cell up in the nose of my Monte.I used a holley blue pump & a holley regulator.It's been working fine so far.I run my fuel pressure at 6 lbs flowing.For a hundred shot I'd pull 4 degrees of timing...safe rule of thumb,2 degrees every 50HP of nitrous.

892022266_qAPjk-L.jpg

892022228_UQeSo-L.jpg

892022420_XLkBb-L.jpg

ky malibu

Weekend Racer
Aug 22, 2007
Ledbetter,kentucky
for what your doin just y the line and run seperate regs. You shouldn't even have to pull timing with just a 100 shot.
bottle temp should be 900 to a 1000. The higher it is the harder it hits.

BENCHSEATRACIN

Frequent Racer
Not sure if you were replying to me or the thread in general,if so,I was just using 100 shot & 2 degree's for every 50HP as a rule of thumb.

prairiehotrodder

Pro Stocker
Dec 17, 2005
Melfort Saskatchewan Canada
Wouldn't it be cleaner to run a red pump with the fuel cell up front? Then you don't need the regulator. I guess you need the adjustability?
brian

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!