what year 4.3?

dubnutty

Jun 1, 2011
i finally found a site that has info on the 4.3! i have a 81 elco with the 229 and would like to convert to the 4.3. i read the post about people doing this but i have more questions. the main one right now to start is; what year should i purchase and witch vehicle should i look at? i want to run injection most likely throttle body. i have seen the differant oil pans like metal and aluminium. astro, full size p/u, s-10? i know i want a one piece seal but should i buy one with a counter balance shaft? and if i do can i run some performance parts on it? or how about a vortec motor but could i run throttle body injection off an earlier year motor. im pretty mechanily inclined so i perfer injection over carb. sorry for th long post but im excited that there is other people out there that see the potential this motor has. thanks for any help.

andrewmrchevy

Daily Driver
Jan 6, 2011
Seoul, Korea
Where are you on your project?? Did you start yet? I just installed the 94 Vortec 4.3L with the 4L60E transmission, it is a direct bolt in, I installed the Edelbrock intake, so here is what I got. 200+HP, TBI with roller cam, Overdrive transmission. I scored my 4.3L Vortec out of a 94 Astro Van. If you need pointers, just drop me a line.

[email protected]

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!