4.3 swap in a 82 bu wagon

prostreet66

Dragway Regular
Oct 18, 2008
waterloo iowa
found a clean wagon i was thinking about doing the 4.3 swap for a d.d. my buddy has a tbi 4.3 out of a s10 blazerso all i would need is the computer and transmission i think. any other info or input? thanks guys

StreetBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
Mar 21, 2004
Upstate NY
You calling me gay? LOL make sure you have the correct frame mounts, know how to do some wiring, and you'll have to do something for a tbi fuel pump of course, probably an inline would be easiest since it's a wagon & they never came fuel injected....HTH

prostreet66

Dragway Regular
Oct 18, 2008
waterloo iowa
Lmao sorry about that and no your not gay lol. so it doesnt sound like it should be to hard of a swap. i can get the motor pretty cheap aswell as the wagon. just didnt want to get into a pain in the you know what.

StreetBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
Mar 21, 2004
Upstate NY
I know, I was just joking around...really shouldnt be bad once it's bolted in. Some wiring and figure out the fuel system and your good to go.

prostreet66

Dragway Regular
Oct 18, 2008
waterloo iowa
yeah i know i couldnt believe i wrote that lol :D i think im going to try it. any idea how much a computer is for a 4.3?

StreetBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
Mar 21, 2004
Upstate NY
You'd be much better off getting everything from one vehicle if possible. Does the guy that has the engine and trans have the wiring or computer or maybe still have the whole vehicle?

prostreet66

Dragway Regular
Oct 18, 2008
waterloo iowa
i wish he did, they pulled the motor and junked the rest. id have to find the computer and trans. the motor was a crate 4.3 with 40 k on it. thats why i asked for input. i wouldnt even bother with it if it would cost me a arm and a leg and be a pain in the butt. a wagon with a 4.3 would be a cool d.d

StreetBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
Mar 21, 2004
Upstate NY
Around here at least, a tbi computer would only be $15 or so.

prostreet66

Dragway Regular
Oct 18, 2008
waterloo iowa
nice, i think i could get most of the stuff pretty reason about i found the wagon its a 82 brand new rims and tires. most front end parts are new. needs the back seat tho. very little rust too. going to make it into a year around driver to save my other wagon fromthe crappy roads

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!