Update on the V-6 swap out in the Rodeo

matty man

Dragway Regular
Jun 1, 2003
Grove City , Ohio
Well it runs now, sorry I have not posted on this lame brain idea of mine in a long while :oops: but life just keeps getting in the way. I have a Edelbrock electric fuel pump feeding the motor and 2 of my last big hurdles is the cooling fan and a throttle cable, the Rodeo is a fly by wire so I am looking into a Lokar universal cable and fab the factory gas pedal to work. It has been a challenge to say the least and I ran out of time & money, always seems like a good idea at the time and will be a very good running GM V-6 when it is done, my camera died so posting pics will have to wait for bit,. The power steering works from the 89 Blazer front serpentine belt set up and I kept the Rodeo alternator that works and charges the battery at 14.2 volts,, yea!! dancin_banana.gif The transmission works as well well at least on the jack stands,, the exhaust was a pain with a lot of welding and some leaks yet,, I am not a welder just yet but getting better every stitch, hopefully will post some pics next weekend, matty man 8)

matty man

Dragway Regular
Jun 1, 2003
Grove City , Ohio
Well the Rodeo project is still alive,, but due to deployments and parent issues I will hopefully get back to it shortly,, I did buy a pair of cooling fans while at the Goodguys show here in Columbus,, now I just need to wire them up,, I hope, I hope to get rolling again in September to start driving this old girl,, Matty man

80ECLT

MalibuRacing Junkie
Nov 21, 2006
Sheboygan Falls, Wisconsin
Pics??

matty man

Dragway Regular
Jun 1, 2003
Grove City , Ohio
The old ball & chain just got a new camera,, so i will try to get some,, time is just flying bye,,,, Matty man

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!