Which 4.3 motor do I need?

A

Anonymous

v8s10dave said:
83 MALI WAGON said:
matty man said:
You will need a new transmission cross member I do believe, possible drive shaft reduction, look in the tech section here and the dimensions are in there I think, thats a lot of transmission for a V-6 you will lose a lot of engine power just to drive the 400, are you planning on towing? Matty man 8) you will never have to worry about destroying that transmission though!!
its the original transmission off the truck I think. the guy said i could have whatever else off the truck i needed so i was going to get the driveshaft, radiator and transmission crossmember
the radiator and crossmember won't work, the driveshaft yoke will if it is a slip yoke
why wont the radiator work?

80ECLT

MalibuRacing Junkie
Nov 21, 2006
Sheboygan Falls, Wisconsin
83 MALI WAGON said:
80ECLT said:
83 MALI WAGON said:
I found a 85 4.3 with the 4 bbl and it has a 400 transmission, it came out of a chevy truck. will the 400 transmission fit in my malibu right up without any modifications or what mods will I have to do?

IIRC thats a TH375 trans. Im guessing 86 87 fullsize P/U??
it is an 85. how do i tell the difference between a 375 and a 400? are 375 desireable?

For your useage it will not matter. IIRC its just a 400 with lighter duty internals. But dont wuote me, When I had mine I thought it was a 400 also. I had an 86 4.3 with a th375. I think the outside looks the same. the numbers are what tells you.

malicad

Dragway Regular
Dec 8, 2009
South Milwaukee, WI
Is there a reason why you're going through all the hassle on transplanting a 4.3L V6 in your car? Twin turbo setup or something?? This IS Maliburacing, after all....

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!