LSx and th350?

Horsepwraddict

Pro Stocker
Mar 3, 2007
Princeton MA
does anyone make an adapter plate for bolting a lsx up to a th350 (or any gen I bellhousing bolt pattern) ? Has anyone done it? What does it involve?

I dont know much about these new motors, someone said it will actually bolt up but the converter will be an issue, is this true? Any input would be appreciated.

A carbed 5.3 in my truck is looking mighty easy right now as i just sold my Gen I small block...i just dont want to get rid of my new, built transmission.

455_82malibu

Pro Stocker
May 19, 2006
WISCONSIN
a TH350 bolts to the lsx blocks fine, you just dont use 1 hole. If you get a flywheel from a HD truck, with the 4L80 trans (most truck 6.0's have this already) it has the spacer and flywheel, when you order a converter just make sure its a dual or TH400 bolt because you need the large pattern.

Horsepwraddict

Pro Stocker
Mar 3, 2007
Princeton MA
cool. Thats what i just read on a few other websites too.

After doing a little searching it looks like it'll be pretty simple. New mounts, headers and carb intake/ignition control..done

Darracq

Frequent Racer
Jun 1, 2003
kansas
I used ls1 flexplate, just opened up holes a little, and used a edge racing converter that has the extra long pilot to work with the ls1 to tubo 350, not a cheap converter but a good one.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!