my build...5.3/t56 into a regal...

A

Anonymous

started with a 5.3 since they were a lot cheaper than the ls1 or 6.0...

HPIM0302.jpg

i gutted the regal and yanked the front clip to make it easier to clean the frame for the welding i would end up doing...

100_9442.jpg

oil pan measurement after welding in the mounting pads..
HPIM0669-1.jpg

mounting pads for height adjustment...

HPIM0592.jpg

with the mounts installed...

HPIM0594.jpg

ls1 car manifolds fit nicely...

HPIM0600.jpg

HPIM0620.jpg

the stock radiator hoses from the truck fit, just ziptied them to the radiator fan bracket i fabbed.....

HPIM1485.jpg

before i installed the hoses...
HPIM0902.jpg

amazing what a few feet of bar stock and a welder can make after a couple hours..

HPIM0901.jpg

had to cut the hood support to clear the intake....

HPIM0610.jpg

and a torque strap i fabbed keeps it from smacking the hood.

HPIM1518.jpg

it hit anyways, so i ground the alternator a little...

HPIM0868-1.jpg

the trans xmember if frm a lincoln town car....double humps, just a couple inches wider so i cut the ends and drilled my own holes on the drivers side since the pass side lined up. a stock th350 tans mount works to keep it tight..

HPIM0777.jpg

i fabbed a set of brackets to bolt to the truck block and adapt them to the clamshell style mounts i used off a v8 g-body....the only other custom parts involved was the lokar throttle cable.

Roller406Bu

Frequent Racer
Sep 10, 2003
Elizabethtown Ky
sweet, nothing wrong with a 5.3 there stout...

HarrisonTX

Top Fueler
Jul 11, 2003
Burleson TX
what a great post, and what great pics. Good job man

A

Anonymous

i've got nearly 1000 photo's of the build....i'll post more tomorrow and as i get them uploaded...

engine pics....

HPIM1489.jpg

HPIM1492.jpg

and the stock power steering hose works....

HPIM0809.jpg

and the underside is as nice as the top....

HPIM0922.jpg

HPIM0923.jpg

i made the cross brace to add to the F41 bars....1 1/4 front swaybar from helwig....i'm planning on the upper bracing this winter while it sleeps(it will never see rain or snow unless it's an emergency, i spent 6 months replacing the roof and floors due to rust...)

A

Anonymous

if the weather cooperates this weekend, i'll get some shots of the finished product(interior, paint, engine bay and trunk) for you to drool over.

Roller406Bu

Frequent Racer
Sep 10, 2003
Elizabethtown Ky
buhack said:
if the weather cooperates this weekend, i'll get some shots of the finished product(interior, paint, engine bay and trunk) for you to drool over.

don't get cocky..

A

Anonymous

Roller406Bu said:
buhack said:

don't get cocky..

not being cocky...just enjoying the compliments....it's been a long 20 months building it, and i still need to finish a couple things....

anyway.....here's the pics i promised.

HPIM1897.jpg

HPIM1898.jpg

the stripes flip from dark on light to light on dark depending on where you stand.....and at a couple angles the disappear completely....

HPIM1901.jpg

HPIM1902.jpg

HPIM1900.jpg

HPIM1899.jpg

the engine bay....i plan on hiding the wiring and moving the ecm/fusebox inside later.

HPIM1887.jpg

HPIM1885.jpg

the interior....custom speaker pods on the doors, i'm still missing the kickpanels and haven't done the heater controls yet and a few other things, but winter is coming....i'll finish it then.

HPIM1888.jpg

HPIM1889.jpg

HPIM1890.jpg

custom dash with led's for the turn/bright/check engine light indicators...and the toggle for the lineloc....and the grant no wheel/no steal system, adding the alarm will be another winter project.

HPIM1894.jpg

and the trunk looks good too....15" subwoofer, swiss audio amp....i may be switching to 12" subs so i can put the t-tops in the trunk.

HPIM1895.jpg

the winter projects will be finishing what little wiring there is left, relocating the ecm, alarm, buffing out the paint....the hood still shows hail damage, so i'll be replacing it in a year or two with a fiberglass one and fixing the clearcoat on the header panel....

Horsepwraddict

Pro Stocker
Mar 3, 2007
Princeton MA
awesome man.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts