Would like some expert advice..lol (LS2 & gas type)

Tony_SS

MalibuRacing Junkie
Apr 21, 2004
Washington, MO
www.mac-ink.com
I'd post over at LS2GTO but seems like there's a division over the answer..

Says that 'premium fuel RECOMMENDED'... what happens when I put in 87? Does the LS2 Computer adjust accordingly or is it harmful to the engine?

540Malibu

Pro Stocker
May 22, 2003
Shrews., MA
the computer will reduce the timing until the knock semsors are pleased, BUT that will throw all your fuel mileage and perfromance out the window, so its cheaper in the end to run better gas

81classic

Top Fueler
Jun 5, 2003
North Port, Fl
If i put 87 in my Z28 (LS1) i get spark knock like all get out. It seems to be fine if you putter around, but other than that, the noises wil make you think otherwise

lt4malibu

Pro Stocker
Feb 22, 2004
NJ
that ls2 has some decent compression, so its not really good to run a lower grade fuel.

CutlassRacer

MalibuRacing Junkie
Dec 18, 2004
Gainesville, FL
www.facebook.com
Yeah it should get better milage on the better fuel. Our tuner can squeak even more power and milage out of one by messing around with the target AF ratio at lighter throttle settings. Pretty neat stuff to dig into the programming that deep.

malibuplotter

Dragway Regular
Apr 11, 2005
layton utah
my truck with a 5.3 behaves the same way, running 87 mileage is not so great with 93 it pulls the trailer like a completely differant truck.

A

Anonymous

i don't know .....my 5.3 runs great on 87, i will have to try a tank of 93 to see if i feel a difference.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!