ls1 swap ?

ILLEGAL REGAL

MalibuRacing Junkie
Jan 1, 2005
Tinley Park,IL
pretty easy straight forward swap or what?
whats is needed for the following...
headers
motor mounts
driveshaft
fuel system/pump
did you use a painless stand alone?

and this ls2 "drive by wire" can that be adapted to a g-body?

Darracq

Frequent Racer
Jun 1, 2003
kansas
I am in the process.

I am making my own motor mounts.I just set the engine in where i want it and so the pan will clear, drive shaft and trans mounts right up.
I am using a victor jr and 750 carb, msd controller, headers for 98 z28 are supposted to fit will, very little clearancing on the drivers side, and move one tube on the pass side, i am going to just notch frame if i can, I havent got headers here yet., I dont thinks its a bad swap at all so far, FI would be more complicated, with all the wiring and crap plus a tune is like $400.

chevycopcar

Pro Stocker
Jul 19, 2004
S. Holland, IL
You'd want a stock computer tuned to delete all the stuff you left off the engine (like the emissions crap) and stuff like traction control and ABS. Also, if you change things in the engine, the parameters have to be set accordingly. Even on a stock engine it should be worth some HP.

Darracq

Frequent Racer
Jun 1, 2003
kansas
I just stuck the manifolds on and they look like they will work, not hitting on anything, Here are a couple pics of engine sitting in car

http://putfile.com/pic.php?img=4403774

chevycopcar

Pro Stocker
Jul 19, 2004
S. Holland, IL
Looks good. I would love to do this swap. Maybe when stuff gets a little cheaper and I put more than 500 miles on the engine I just put in. :lol:

ILLEGAL REGAL

MalibuRacing Junkie
Jan 1, 2005
Tinley Park,IL
I just would do a stock engine swap.

The 6.0 truck motor has vortech heads? Swap to ls1 heads/intake and it's now an ls1 right or wrong?

Darracq

Frequent Racer
Jun 1, 2003
kansas
The 6.0 has good heads, the chambers are just bigger so they produce less compression. They are not vortec heads.

go over to the ls1tech.com site, all the info y ou will ever need.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!