LS1 to LS3 intake manifoild

dinosport

Daily Driver
Jul 21, 2015
Im curious if anyone has tried an ls1 intake on the rectangle port heads? Is there any reason it wouldn't work? Does the smaller ports block the injectors?
I ask because I have an LY6 rectangle port heads, I'm looking around at intakes and find a lot more ls1 and 2 intakes complete, throttle body injector etc for better price than the L92 style. Obviously cheaper because there older and a little more abundant at this point. Well just curious if anyone has tried it or knows why it wouldn't work.

prairiehotrodder

Pro Stocker
Dec 17, 2005
Melfort Saskatchewan Canada
have you tried the stock Ly6 intake? I have the same heads as you but i think i'm gonna put on a carb. I still have my stock LY6 intake and would sell it.
Brian

dinosport

Daily Driver
Jul 21, 2015
prairiehotrodder said:
have you tried the stock Ly6 intake? I have the same heads as you but i think i'm gonna put on a carb. I still have my stock LY6 intake and would sell it.
Brian

Thanks,
I do have the LY6 intake with injectors, rails, and even the throttle body. I can use the intake but would like a car one if its reasonable. the throttle body I cant use I need a cable drives one so that I can hook up the kick down cable for the 700R4

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!