So confused on a return system pluming

80yellowmalibu

Weekend Racer
Sep 7, 2015
So i've been reading post after post and im just getting more confused ,its probably really simple but i need help.little info on the setup its a 5.3 with a shaved truck intake, the car has a fuel cell and all -AN lines and fittings - 8 to the front, going to use a inline walbro 255lph pump not sure on the regulator(this is part of my confusion),i want to buy aftermarket fuel rails but what one's should I get; return or returnless????????

1st scenario So lets say i get fuel rails with return fittings do i just run a return line all the way back to the fuel cell??wont that have the same pressure as the inlet fuel, then ill need a regulator in the feed side correct?? do i need a regulator on the return to cut the pressure down or one way valve??

Scenario 2,iv been reading about a vett filter/regulator.so if i get returnless rails id just run feed from this filter/reg and a return from the filter /reg to the cell??and dont need a separate regulator because its part of the filter/regulator????

Whats the vett regulator set the presser at ,does any one have the part number for it if this is the best way to go..and how far should this be mounted from the cell?? thanks for the help

INTHE10s

Amateur Racer
Jan 3, 2005
Somerset NJ
Scenario 1 is the more expensive route. You'll need a return style regulator, filter and braided line from the back to the front and then back again. The regulator will have an inlet port, a port to feed the rail, and another to return fuel to the tank.

Scenario 2 is easier and less expensive. The filter regulates the pressure to about 58psi. Summit racing sells them. Check out the reviews at the bottom. Might answer some of your questions.

Last edited by a moderator:

malibulvr

Pro Stocker
Mar 22, 2008
Pensacola, Fl. 32526
I'm also wanting to switch to EFI from my carb set up. I currently have 1/2" aluminum line run to the front with 8an fittings at all points. How could I plumb in this Vette filter assy and would it still flow enough fuel as needed for a turbocharged application in the 600rwhp-700rwhp range.

INTHE10s

Amateur Racer
Jan 3, 2005
Somerset NJ
If you click that link then look at suggested parts the an adapters are there. I think those are 6an but they might have them in 8 also.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!