400plus hp ls Ideas?

dinosport

Daily Driver
Jul 21, 2015
So I scored a 2014 6.0 iron block with 20k on it. I have the engine top to bottom, no harness or accessories. I have a hook up for the ls1 accessory package I figure Ill use that and an AC relocation kit ive seen. The engine has 283 casting heads from what I understand are pretty much the same as the ls3, l92 head minus the hollow valves. I need a cam regardless because I want to eliminate the vvti. My plan for it will be cruise with the family, 250 mile trips to new york and ofcoarse the occasional fooling around with my buddies. I would like it have decent street manners, a lumpy idle and make at least 400 to the wheels.

The same guy that has the ls1 package says he has the intake,(which i know is different) the harness and ecu from a 2000 ls1 camaro.
Will I be able to make that work or should I go a different route?
I considered going carb for ease of install, just to get the motor in the car and maybe a throttle body fuel injection later? Is that worth it?
Has anybody ever tried it on an LS?
Also what cam would you guys recommend to reach my goals?
Right now the car has a 350 trans and 308 gears. I may leave that for now until I have the funds to build a nice 200r4 and 373 gears.
So if I install the set up using the LS1 ecu and tune it, Will it need to be retuned if I do a transmission and gear swap?

Ill stop there for now. lol. Not new to cars but new to LS motors.
Thanks and any advise would be helpful as Im working on a list to start gathering what I need to do this most likely in the fall.

malibu795

Pro Stocker
Apr 17, 2005
spgfd ohio
In for ideas/learning

dinosport

Daily Driver
Jul 21, 2015
Yes. I want to learn. I also want to figure out what I need and put together a parts list. That way I can pick at it over the next few months and when I have everything I need I can start the project.

1981Regal

Dragway Regular
Mar 10, 2008
Cincinnati, Ohio

Might be of some help

Last edited by a moderator:

dinosport

Daily Driver
Jul 21, 2015
1981Regal said:
https://sites.google.com/site/sloppywiki/

Might be of some help

Nice too much to read right now (working lame_sign.gif ) But ill definitely search there for what I need to know. Thanks

prairiehotrodder

Pro Stocker
Dec 17, 2005
Melfort Saskatchewan Canada
Don't go carb with the plan to switch to EFI later. Sounds like a good way to burn money. Decide what you want and do it the first time.
Brian

dinosport

Daily Driver
Jul 21, 2015
prairiehotrodder said:
Don't go carb with the plan to switch to EFI later. Sounds like a good way to burn money. Decide what you want and do it the first time.
Brian

Yeah I know your Right on that. Im just excited to get it in. Well Ill see if my buddy pulls through with the ls1 harness and ecu.
I figure I can make that work. Ill just need an intake.
Ive seen a sh** ton for sale one ebay from 200 to like 1200. Ill just have to wait. Which I hate BTW. lol

dinosport

Daily Driver
Jul 21, 2015
A little info I found. So according to the number on the rear of the engine. 12578181 what I have is an LY6 engine. 385hp 400lbs. Sweet. I'm still researching but it seems to be really sought after in the truck world. dancin_banana.gif

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!