LS intake help???

Jwingerter

Sep 7, 2015
I have an LQ4 that Has been torn down, machined, and now the hard part.. Putting it back together. I got myself a set of 243 heads and swapped in a COMP XE-R 287HR grind cam & beehives.. Cts-v oil pan. I have an ECU and harness on the way. She's all buttoned up. It's time to decide on an intake. I've read and read and read about the FAST intakes and the ls6(sounds like the best option for my budget). I DO still have the ls4 intake and throttle body. Injectors too. I've seen a million threads on other sites swapping an ls1 or ls6 onto the ls4, but what about the reverse? Will an LS4 intake bolt directly to an lq4 with 243's and function?? Sorry if this is a stupid question. If it is possible, though, my engine might be running sooner than I once thought, and that's never a bad thing. thanks guys! -jw

Edit: I also still have the truck intake. I would just need to buy a TB and injectors.

vickysbu

Amateur Racer
Jan 14, 2011
Low End
Yes the ls4 intake will bolt up to the 243 heads, but the best stock intake is the TBSS intake, its even better than LS6, just Google HotRod mag LSx intake comparison. And for the record, ls4 engine came with 243 heads minus hollow stem valves.

Jwingerter

Sep 7, 2015
Thank you. I have actually been looking into the truck intakes, because of the smaller price tag and the fact that I probably have the hood clearance..

vickysbu

Amateur Racer
Jan 14, 2011
Low End
The TBSS intake isn't the same as all other truck intakes, so be cautious if buying one used because it might look alike but performance is totally different.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!