Low 10's carburated LS recipe?

prairiehotrodder

Pro Stocker
Dec 17, 2005
Melfort Saskatchewan Canada
Would need 650 hp i think if your car was lightened up. I'm not an LS guy but with all the hype i've heard, 650 shouldn't be to difficult.

Gbodyfan

Weekend Racer
Aug 18, 2015
Las Vegas
Take a look at this stock shortblock, cam/ heads and geared TA
Watch "Cartek Heads and cam Trans Am WS6" on YouTube

A stalled auto with similar gear can do it plus knowing Malibus are lighter than TAs helps not sure of the car you are wanting to run 10s with.

Last edited by a moderator:

sbmalibu

Frequent Racer
Oct 5, 2009
north judson indiana
Well,i can tell you I have a heavier car than yours with a stock bottom end 6.0. 799 heads off a crashed truck,not redone just stiffer springs. I put a vic jr intake msd 6010 box and a lsx454 camshaft I got used in it and ran 11.90 first time out. added 125 shot and ran 10.70. This is a full weight steel bumper street car on drag radials with 4.11 gear and turbo 350 foot braking. So add some compression and some ls3 heads and you should be getting close with a lighter car ,more gear and a glide with a trans brake. I think my car is about 3300 and I am 250.

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
Literally the first result... it's not quite a 10s quarter but it's close, and mostly stock parts. A 6.2 with a little more cam might get you there... you might run a little faster than the guy in the thread though if he's close to stock weight, those cars are slightly heavier I believe.

Last edited by a moderator:

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!