Most popular LS swap? with trans?

_Stylez

Daily Driver
Mar 23, 2015
i was wanting to know what the most popular LS or motor swap that people are doing in their wagon is?.... ive seen a lot of LS motors from vets but the vets transmission isn't up to snuff with a heavier car like the g body....

i was thinking of getting a LS3? motor with the trans and AC equip out of a truck so i know itll be a beast in my wagon.... any and all help is greatly appreciated.... thanks, PEACE...

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
Any LS will be better than what came stock in the G-Body. There isn't much difference between a 4.8 and an LS3 as far as bolting it in, it's more the reluctor wheel and the electronics... accessory drive and head/intake setup is up to you.

malicad

Dragway Regular
Dec 8, 2009
South Milwaukee, WI
I'm in the process of putting together the parts for my "pro touring" build. I'm using a 6.0L LQ9 out of an 02 Escalade. For the trans, I went with the TCI 6X 6 speed based off the 4L80E. In my opinion, the iron block LS engines are the only way to go. Yes, they're a little heavier than the all aluminum blocks, but they handle more power, and they can be overbored. Once the cylinders in an aluminum block are worn, you throw it away. They shouldn't be bored. My motor's built up and will put out 525hp comfortably, naturally aspirated...then a turbo is in the works.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!