Need swap help. 4.8/5.3 into 1980 Malibu

flynnd_33

Jun 16, 2010
Hey there guys. I've been on this site gathering info for awhile now but still kinda lost and hoping for some guidance for the questions that I'm still unsure about. Want just to get rid of the tired 305 to a good mileage daily driver. Thanks.

First. Is there anyone that used the original trans mount and th350 transmission and left it in the stock location. If so what mounts did u use and did u get away with using the truck pan of have to switch to cts pan or hot rod pan??

Second. Is it possible to run all the accessories from the truck in the car with out mods or moving them.

360demonRT

Frequent Racer
Jul 13, 2008
central Ky
I'm running truck acc with no issues, I think 1" setback plates on the motor keeps trans in stock place. I went th400 so not sure 100%. Truck pan is silly low. Even kinda spooky at stock ride height. Man hole cover with a badly timed suspension bounce or pothole and it's game over

flynnd_33

Jun 16, 2010
Thank u that helps out a lot. I ordered the dirty dango mounts and the flexplate spacer along with new bolts. I'm not running the a/c but I was gonna try to keep the power steering.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!